Saturday, December 26, 2020

In the Beginning...

 Hi,

Back in the mid 90's, I amassed a rather fine collection of Flintloque figures produced by Alternative Armies.

I originally discovered the range whilst in the long gone but much missed Macs Models on Edinburgh's Royal Mile and really loved the chunky sculpts and purely coincidental resemblance to the Sharpe tv series. As with so many projects, this one too stalled, mostly because I left home and got my first place and with work and everything else, Flintloque kind of faded from my attention and eventually my entire collection went on Ebay when I went off to uni.

Skip forward twenty years and I found myself once again with a hankering for the wars of Mordred and fantasy races armed with guns.

A couple of years ago I managed to get my hands on the Deadloque boxed set and during the course of the first lockdown of 2020 I managed to paint the entire thing which was quite the achievement for me as I don't think that I have ever managed to paint an entire boxed set, even with the relatively modest figure count that Deadloque had.

Ferach Survivors

This brings me onto lockdown 2.0 that we find ourselves in post Christmas and I figured that I should have a bash at working my way through the copy of Flintloque that I own. It's missing one of the Elves but if all goes well, I will see about replacing him from Alternative Armies and possibly expanding my meagre collection to replace those figures I remember so fondly from back in the day.

I'm not sure how often I'll post here as it's more of a repository for my Flintloque stuff as I am keen to give it it's own dedicated space rather than the rather convoluted Tales from Farpoint blog that I've been using for the last decade. It would also be nice to see a blog dedicated to Flintloque as there's really not much to be found on the interwebs other than the occasional old article. 

Hopefully I'll update once a week with whatever progress I make so fingers crossed and we shall see how things go!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Slight Diversion

 Hi! For this weeks update, I find myself going off on a slight tangent as I've not actually finished the next of my Elven Voltigeurs ye...